Wasabi-Horseradish Aioli Potato Crusted Tuna
- 6 oz. Wasabi-Horseradish Aioli
- 1 lb. center-cut Bluefin Tuna
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup water
- 1 large white potato, peeled
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Cut the tuna into 2 inch logs, 1 ½ inches wide and 1 ½ inches thick. Season the tuna with salt and pepper.
- Using a potato threader, cut the potato into thin curl-like pieces. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Divide the potato curls between the tuna logs in individual piles.
- Brush each piece of the tuna with the Wasabi Aioli, coating each side of the tuna completely.
- Place a piece of the tuna in the center of each pile of potato curls. Wrap the potatoes entirely over each piece of tuna, tightly.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil. When the oil in hot, pan-fry the tuna until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes on each side. Fry the tuna in batches.
- Serve the tuna on a platter with a drizzle of Wasabi Aioli.