Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Saffron Aioli
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4-6 side dishes
- Saffron Aioli
- 4 Sweet Potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tbsp. Salt
- 1 1/3 cups golden-colored extra virgin olive oil
- Position a rack in center of the oven and preheat to 425F.
- Put baking sheet on rack and heat for 10 minutes.
- Quarter sweet potatoes and leave skins on and toss them in olive oil.
- Carefully take baking sheet from oven and evenly position potatoes on it cut side down. Bake until potatoes are lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove baking sheet form oven. Turn potatoes so the other cut side comes in contact with baking sheet. Continue to bake until both sides of potatoes are lightly browned, about another 15 minutes.
- To serve, arrange potatoes on platter, and season with salt to taste.
- Drizzle the potatoes with the Saffron Aioli and serve warm.