Homestead Mashed Potatoes
Time: 30 - 45 mins
- Potatoes (Russet or Yukon Gold 5lb worth)
- 6 Tablespoons COLD butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Homestead Aioli
- Black Pepper
- Cut potatoes into evenly sized cubes and boil them in a stock pot filled with cold water.
- Boil the potatoes until they become tender and a fork can pierce through them. A few minutes before the potatoes become tender put your heavy cream in a small saucepan and let it warm up on low.
- Once the potatoes are ready, drain them of water and place in a mixer. Put the mixer on low and mix the potatoes. *Be careful not to overmix and let your mashed potatoes become too starchy.*
- Add in your cold butter and hot heavy cream to emulsify the mashed potatoes.
- Add a tablespoon of Homestead aioli to taste. Add salt and pepper to taste