Crunchy Fried Shrimp with Sambal Aioli
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Serving: 6 appetizer servings
Ingredients: 4oz. Sambal Aioli
- Peanut Oil (for frying)
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ pounds uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined.
- Pour enough oil into heavy large pot to reach depth of 2 inches, heat to 375 F.
- Mix cornmeal, salt and ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper in medium bowl.
- Add shrimp to bowl, toss to coat.
- Working in batches, add shrimp to hot oil and deep fry until shrimp are golden and opaque in center, about 1 ½ minutes.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer shrimp to paper towels and drain.
- Place Sambal Aioli in center of platter, surround with shrimp and serve.