Carpaccio-wrapped Watercress with Wasabi Aioli
- 4 lbs. Beef tenderloin, cleaned of all fat and silverskin
- 7 bunches Watercress (washed and dried)
- 30 oz. Wasabi-Horseradish Aioli
- 6 oz. olive oil
- 6 tbsp. chopped rosemary
- 6 tbsp. chopped sage
- 6 tbsp. chopped thyme
- 3 oz. balsamic vinegar
- 12 tsp. kosher salt
- 3 oz. cracked black pepper
- Tie beef into uniform shape.
- Heat the olive oil over high heat and sear the beef on all sides, remove from heat and cool (beef should still be raw).
- Combine with herbs, vinegar, salt, pepper and coat the tenderloin of beef evenly with the mixture.
- Wrap tightly in plastic and freeze just until solid to slice thinly.
- Trim watercress to approximately 2 1/2 inches long and make into small bunches.
- Wrap each bundle with thin slices of carpaccio.
- Serve cold with the Wasabi-Horseradish aioli on the side or dollop on top.