California Asparagus Sandwich
- 1 cup Saratoga Garlic Aioli (Your choice)
- 8 squares Focaccia bread
- 1 ½ cup baby lettuce or arugula
- 1 cup roasted red bell pepper pieces
- 16 cooked asparagus spears
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella, sliced ¼ inch thick (may substitute provolone or mild swiss)
- 4 slices pancetta or thick bacon cooked almost crisp and broken into 3 pieces
- Have ingredients at room temperature.
- Spread aioli generously on smooth side of square.
- Divide remaining ingredients among 4 squares Focaccia, layered in order listed.
- Top squares with Focaccia.
- Cut each sandwich in half and then into triangles.
- Can be served at room temperature or warmed at 450F for a few moments.