Blistered Shishito Peppers With Saffron Aioli
Shishito Peppers are sweet and slightly spicy, with thin, bright green skin, and while they were originally cultivated in Japan, they've become common at grocery stores and farmer's markets across the country. It's easy to see why. They're tender, delicate, and surprisingly easy to work with. But be careful. Every once in a while, one will pack a little more heat.
The best part: You can eat them whole, prepared simply, with little more than oil, salt and heat.
Blistered Shishito Peppers with Saffron Aioli
- About 2 dozen shishito peppers
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup Saratoga Garlic Saffron Aioli
- Heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add peppers, stirring often, until peppers brown and begin to blister.
- Add kosher salt to taste, and toss to coat.
- Serve with Saratoga Garlic Saffron Aioli.